- Ami informs us of how to access her files on Michelle's website.
- This is the letter Michelle received asking for her services.
- Okay, now I am starting to understand why this is a suspected murder instead of an obvious open-and-shut animal attack.
- In the "circumstantial summary", the ME states: "The postmortem injuries obscure the specific circumstances of the fatality, but are consistent with scavenging behaviors of animals known in the area the decedent was found."
- Any injuries caused by a murder would have been decimated and covered up by scavenging animals.
- This was discovered in the lab tent at the campsite.
- This newsletter sports an article of the planned expedition to find the "ghost lynx".
- Zombie Fungus and Other Entomopathogenic Parasites!!
- Where the hell was this class when I was taking college courses?!
- An hour or so of stretching?
- Conrad mentions an eagle's nest Toby was interested in to the southeast of the camp.
Emma Marie Clarkson
- Emma claims she accompanied Rusty to check on a trap.
- She also mentions the eagle's nest Toby was interested in.
- The body was found west of the camp.
- Lillian also went off by herself after dinner/sundown. Even though she knew they were not to go off alone.
- She knew that Toby had gone off on his own too. Or did he? Maybe they went off together...
- Nigel is the only expedition member to not have a bad thing to say about Toby.
- He says he heard rustling sounds coming from another tent and just assumed it was Conrad doing his exercises.
- Could this have been a struggle between Toby and his killer?
- Rusty accounts for being the one to realize Toby was missing at "curfew" and how he alerted the ranger station.
- According to Rusty, Toby was inexperienced in comparison to the rest of the expedition members.
Incident Area Sketch
- This shows the approximation of locations.
- Why were the compass and medallion on opposite sides of the camp yet so far from the mirror and body?
- Did Toby lose them as he was hiking?
- We can start building a timeline from this document.
- Ranger Beth Fleming observed that it appeared the body was dragged to the cave entrance, and that the cause of death was a bear attack as there were bear tracks and bear scat nearby.
- Along with a destroyed camera, shredded granola bar wrapper, and flashlight, Toby's backpack was found 2 yards from his body.
- The backpack contained:
- a wallet
- lanyard and attached keychain
- multitool (which we received)
- camera lens
- Moon Summit wildlife guide (which we received)
- Moon Summit Region 3A map
- functional walkie-talkie
- This was found in Toby Mendia's backpack.
- This is a photograph of the victim, Toby Mendia, postmortem.
- Michelle has created a new shared desktop for us and is assigning assignments this time around.
- Ooh, DeviantTracker Pro... Wonder what upgrades that program has been given.
- She gives us a semi-tutorial of how to navigate the website.
- We are provided a website in this booklet.
- It also doubles as a place to keep our notes throughout this season.
Moon Summit Case
- Michelle has really kicked this website up compared to her website for Charles MacDonagh in Class of '98.
- This is where we can access files that Michelle uploads as well as Ami's university portal.
Whitlock University Portal
- Ami provides us with a supply list of what was issued to the expedition team.
- Note that the tactical knife measures 5" long.
- This is the depth of the lung wound noted in the autopsy report.
Moon Summit National Park
- A lot of this information is also included in the wildlife guide.
- We can learn a little bit about the park and which areas are more prominent to have certain types of animals.
- Region 3A (Echo Cavern) has a grizzly bear habitat.
- Region 1C (West Edge Cliff) holds the eagle's nest Toby was supposedly interested in photographing.
- Conrad Wildingham
- Emma Clarkson
- Lillian Walker
- Nigel Ricci
- Russell Tudlik
- Expedition team at dinner.
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Toby Mendia left the campsite for unknown reasons.
- Rusty Tudlik checked on a trap east of the camp.
- Lillian Walker left the campsite alone to take "documentary photographs".
- Emma Clarkson accompanied Rusty Tudlik in checking his trap.
What is the murder weapon?
- Tactical Knife