The Moon Summit Mystery
- Ami Letter
- Bear Claw
- Department Newsletter
- Field Interviews
- Incident Area Sketch
- Incident Report
- PI Letter
- Wildlife Guide
- Moon Summit Case
- Moon Summit National Park
- What is the murder weapon?
Ami informs us of how to access her files on Michelle's website.
This is the letter Michelle received asking for her services.
Okay, now I am starting to understand why this is a suspected murder instead of an obvious open-and-shut animal attack.
In the "circumstantial summary", the ME states: "The postmortem injuries obscure the specific circumstances of the fatality, but are consistent with scavenging behaviors of animals known in the area the decedent was found."
- Any injuries caused by a murder would have been decimated and covered up by scavenging animals.
This was discovered in the lab tent at the campsite.
This newsletter sports an article of the planned expedition to find the "ghost lynx".
Zombie Fungus and Other Entomopathogenic Parasites!!
- Where the hell was this class when I was taking college courses?!
An hour or so of stretching?
Conrad mentions an eagle's nest Toby was interested in to the southeast of the camp.
Emma claims she accompanied Rusty to check on a trap.
She also mentions the eagle's nest Toby was interested in.
- The body was found west of the camp.
Lillian also went off by herself after dinner/sundown. Even though she knew they were not to go off alone.
She knew that Toby had gone off on his own too. Or did he? Maybe they went off together...
Nigel is the only expedition member to not have a bad thing to say about Toby.
He says he heard rustling sounds coming from another tent and just assumed it was Conrad doing his exercises.
- Could this have been a struggle between Toby and his killer?
Rusty accounts for being the one to realize Toby was missing at "curfew" and how he alerted the ranger station.
According to Rusty, Toby was inexperienced in comparison to the rest of the expedition members.
Incident Area Sketch
This shows the approximation of locations.
- Why were the compass and medallion on opposite sides of the camp yet so far from the mirror and body?
- Did Toby lose them as he was hiking?
We can start building a timeline from this document.
Ranger Beth Fleming observed that it appeared the body was dragged to the cave entrance, and that the cause of death was a bear attack as there were bear tracks and bear scat nearby.
Along with a destroyed camera, shredded granola bar wrapper, and flashlight, Toby's backpack was found 2 yards from his body.
The backpack contained:
- a wallet
- lanyard and attached keychain
- multitool (which we received)
- camera lens
- Moon Summit wildlife guide (which we received)
- Moon Summit Region 3A map
- functional walkie-talkie
This was found in Toby Mendia's backpack.
This is a photograph of the victim, Toby Mendia, postmortem.
Michelle has created a new shared desktop for us and is assigning assignments this time around.
Ooh, DeviantTracker Pro... Wonder what upgrades that program has been given.
She gives us a semi-tutorial of how to navigate the website.
We are provided a website in this booklet.
It also doubles as a place to keep our notes throughout this season.
Michelle has really kicked this website up compared to her website for Charles MacDonagh in Class of '98.
This is where we can access files that Michelle uploads as well as Ami's university portal.
Ami provides us with a supply list of what was issued to the expedition team.
Note that the tactical knife measures 5" long.
- This is the depth of the lung wound noted in the autopsy report.
A lot of this information is also included in the wildlife guide.
We can learn a little bit about the park and which areas are more prominent to have certain types of animals.
- Region 3A (Echo Cavern) has a grizzly bear habitat.
- Region 1C (West Edge Cliff) holds the eagle's nest Toby was supposedly interested in photographing.
- Expedition team at dinner.
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Toby Mendia left the campsite for unknown reasons.
- Rusty Tudlik checked on a trap east of the camp.
- Lillian Walker left the campsite alone to take "documentary photographs".
- Emma Clarkson accompanied Rusty Tudlik in checking his trap.
Guilty Until Proven Innocent
- Conrad Wildingham
- Emma Clarkson
- Lillian Walker
- Nigel Ricci
- Russell Tudlik