- Why is the page number "32" circled?
- Using what we learn from the Otherworld Language Lesson, we can assign "sounds" to the Foxfire Pictographs shown on page 33.
- This is definitely going up on my wall.
Instructions from Elin
- Elin explains a ritual involving the brightstone (the stone token we received in Episode 2).
- Once deciphered, the otherworld language words read:
- It appears there is yet a third piece that is long since lost.
Letter from Museum Curator
- June explains the theory of what actually happened to David Griffith.
- She gives us a hint toward how to use Elin's magic.
Letter from Museum Director
- We get our next assignment location.
- We are directed on how to access our next assignment on the Cooper Heritage Center website.
Message from David
- This was produced by June's printer all on its own.
- June believed it to be a message from David, but couldn't find anything significant.
- Shining the blacklight received in Episode 1 on the back of the bottom half reveals messages in the otherworld language.
- Once deciphered, the messages read:
- "I'M GETTING BETTER AT THIS. MY SHADOW AND THE SOUND OF MY FOOTSTEPS CAN CRAWL OVER TO YOUR SIDE. SOMETIMES MY WORDS. IT'S HARDER TO SHIFT MY BODY."
- "I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE CROSSING OVER. THE DARKNESS IS RACING AGAINST ME, AND IT'S WINNING. I'M SO TIRED. BUT I WON'T GIVE UP, BECAUSE SHE'S WAITING FOR ME. FIND ELIN. SHE CAN HELP BOTH OF US."
- This is to be used in conjunction with Elin's spell.
Otherworld Language Lesson
- By studying and completing this lesson, we can learn the secret code used by David Griffith and Elin.
- 4 - Y-OOH M-UUH-S-T UH-V-OY-D OW-UH-R AH-D D-IH-L-AIT-T-S AH-N-D S-T-R-AY-N-J T-R-EH-ZH-UH-R-Z
- 5 - TH-UH CH-AHH-R-M-Z W-IH-TH-IH-N TH-UH P-IH-T SH-AH-L B-ER-R-TH P-AH-SH-UH-N-UH-T H-AY-T (THE CHARMS WITHIN THE PIT SHALL BIRTH PASSIONATE HATE)
- Apparently, part of the message in #5 was cut off in my copy, since according to the recaps, there is more to the message...
- ... H-AY-T, F-OW-L TH-UH M-AI-N-D, AH-N-D K-IH-L AW-L IH-N-UH-R G-EUH-D (... HATE, FOUL THE MIND, AND KILL INNER GOOD)
- Using what we learn here, we can go back to items from previous episodes to decode messages.
- In the profile of David Griffith from Episode 1, the words can be decoded as:
- On the miner's postcard from Episode 2, the message can be decoded as:
- "I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU A LONG TIME. I NEED THE TOKEN. THE EXPLOSION DOESN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THE DISASTER HEADING YOUR WAY. GET IT TO ME NOW."
- This is the seemingly useless scrap of paper.
- Upon shining the black light over it, part of a symbol will be revealed.
- This will not become fruitful until further into the season.