⍻ Cemetery Guide
⍻ Chemical Analysis
⍻ Coroner Assistant's Notes
⍻ Float Toys
⍻ Letter from Sylvia
⍻ Parade Schedule
⍻ Pharmacy Inventory
⍻ Saint Expedite Card
⍻ Textbook Page
- On page 3, the last paragraph explains about wall vaults and how they can act as an oven.
- Sylvia believes based on the description and components of the mysterious liquid found in Celestine, that it may be Datura.
- Datura is a type of nightshade flower, which can be very deadly when ingested.
Coroner Assistant's Notes
- Postmortem body temp was 106.1 degrees Fahrenheit
- This was due to her being in a wall vault, which acts as an oven.
- Handbag was opened but it appears nothing was taken
- Gunshot wound to left temple, .2 inches in diameter
- Most likely the cause of death
- Liquid was partially ingested right before death
- Poison, which didn't do the intended job quickly enough and warranted the gunshot
- No sexual assault occurred
- The cardboard slats can be attached to the plastic parts and rolled around.
Letter from Sylvia
- Sylvia was able to get in touch with Celestine's "voodoo" contact, Zee, as well as obtain partial autopsy notes.
- How she thinks some toys will help us is beyond me, but we'll find out.
- This is a list of parade krewes and their routes.
- Sylvia notes that the floats move rather slowly at a rate of about 1 block per 2 minutes.
- On the back seems to be a list of Zee's clients line-up for the day.
- The second-to-the-bottom entry is Celestine.
- The items can be matched up with the autopsy notes.
- The St. Expedite card is referenced.
Saint Expedite Card
- Zee wrote a quip on the back of this card.
- "Tomorrow is never promised. Make sure you're walking in the right direction."
- According to the autopsy notes, fixed rigor mortis had set in and body temp was 106.1 degrees Fahrenheit (roughly 7-9 degrees above normal).
- Rigor develops between 2-6 hours of death.
- Body temp rises at approximately 1.5 degrees per hour.
- According to this text, the normal living body temp is 98.6.
- So, we take the external temp (106.1) minus the normal living temp (98.6). We then divide that number by 1.5 and subtract that from the time the body was found. Adding a half hour to either end should give us our window of death time.
- 106.1 - 98.6 = 7.5
- 7.5 / 1.5 = 5
- 11:40 +/- 30 minutes = 11:10 - 12:10
- However, Celestine was at Zee's shop at 11:25, therefore the actual window of death time is:
- 11:25 - 12:10
- Cyril Fortier
- Dillon Morales
- Ines Couvillion
- Jay Harris
- Mason Morales
- Nonah Turner
- Krewe of Avalon (Enchanted Forest) began their float parade.
- Jay Harris interrupted a mugging on St. Claude Ave. & Petit St. before riding along with the Krewe of Avalon for 25 blocks on Route C.
- Ines Couvillion was in Jackson Square.
- Cyril Fortier was at the pharmacy (Zee's conjure shop).
- Celestine visited Zee's conjure shop before "visiting Marie".
- Jay Harris jumped off the Krewe of Avalon float at Chartres and Esplanade.
What is the estimated time frame of Celestine's death?
- 11:25 - 12:10
Who is innocent?
- Jay Harris